Friday, December 8, 2006

It's FRIDAY YAY

Today has been a wonderful day I hope for you also!!!


Today has been the best day I spent the whole day with my girlfriend Charla we met via the internet through an msn decorating group and hit it off. We live about 40 minutes from each other and today was our second outing. Today I shuttled her around to my favorite thrift shops- although one was closed only to open with a big sale at 6pm today- but I had to get my husbands dinner and lunch ready for him to take to work so we didn't go back there but otherwise I think we both had fun at least I hope she did and I know I did- I also know I talked her ear off LOL.
Anyways about our treasures- no pics on my end sorry girls- long story short no more router no more lap top no more new digi pics till I get a new digi cam that is up to date or finish a roll of reg pics which ever comes first but doo let me tell you about them
I had two things in hand at the first store but put them back before leaving- good thing cause I barely remember what they were so they weren't spectacular.

Next store we went to was a retail store called Bombay- we both left there with a Christmas ornament- scenario there is ornie to die for + big sale= cash out of pocket and treasure for the tree lol.
Then we went to lunch I introduced her to Vietnamese quisine.... I wonder what she really thought of it ???
Then to my house- she met the hubby and my doggies Maggie and Jorgie and they fell in love with her as much as she fell in love with them the dogs that is LOL. They already miss their Aunt Charla.
Then it was off to my circle of thrift stores and treasures were found by each of us... Charla got the most adorable Birdhouse topiary floral arrangement and Me wellll....

I scored what I believe to be a real silver pitcher even if it is only plated for 10$ it was a score!! I found a beautiful plate with Jesus surrounded by sheep and holding a lamb- and it has 10kgold scroll work all along the rim of the plate... can you say awww. I also grabbed 2 cherubs and the most unusual glass vase that I am using as a candle holder. The Top of the vase is lattice done in glass.... it's really pretty.

Well that brings us to the end of a wonderful day.
I hope you all have superb weekends.
Let me leave you with.... The doggie shot for the day not much on manners those two, but whose fault is that really??? lol


A Shot of Christmas Past

And Christmas present

Have a Happy Evening everyone it's so good to be on the web.
RaNae

13 comments:

  1. Hey Ranae, sounds like you had fun. There's nothing better than thrift or antique shopping with a girlfriend or a daughter. My daughter and I go all the time. You better check the Irish Craftworkers site because you won the corsage you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vase sounds wonderful. I love any and all things glass. I think the plate was waiting for you to come and buy it. Sounds perfect for your home. I haven't been thrifting for a few weeks. I think I'll wait until the new year when everyone clears out their old stuff to make room for new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Chris- it was so much fun. I heard from Rebecca in the email about the crosage. YAY when I was at her site yesterday I didn't see a posting but I will go by there today.. I am so excited I haven't won something in years lol.

    Shirlee I took a bunch of pics this morning with my regular camera hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my kind of day! Love bargain hunting....Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL yes my dogs "take up the position" anytime someone sits on the sofa with food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day!!! I haven't done that in a long time and it's about time I took a day and did it. Glad that y'all had a fun day!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nastalgia- glad you stopped by it was fun!!

    Rebecca good to know we aren't the only household with the same doggie manners lol

    Christy glad to inspire you to take a day.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, sounds like a lovely day. I love the Bombay store, they have such nice stuff. Your doggies are cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had such a fun day. I haven`t been in a Bombay Company for years, but I remember how I liked what I saw there. What beautiful things to look at and read here at your blog :) I`ll be back :) Thanks for coming for a visit to my bog!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dogs have awful manners, but your right just whose fault is it? I really can't help but to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! Your home looks wonderful and I just love your doggies! : )

    That picture of your husband eating and the doggies staring intently is a real life scene here a lot! : )

    It sounds like you had such a nice day with your new friend! I love those days...

    I will be back often...I hope you will visit my blog and we will get to know one another!

    Stay well.

    Fond regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by everyone I feel amis for being gone for the week time is just flying this time of year.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog...and your doggies are adorable. Got your name from a comment you left on Susie Q's blog.

    I have a little fur baby too...his name is Bully and I write about him in my blog.

    Glad you had such a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage