Thursday, May 24, 2012

2 Mac Salads

Hi everyone you are probably wondering 2 Mac Salads whats that all about well I made 2 Macaroni salads at the same time and it worked out well so I thought I would pass it along to whomever was interested. 
You also might be thinking there is only 2 of u why do u need 2 big macaroni salads in the house at the same time- well for some strange reason sinus pressure has been making my jaw hurt and I am on soft food.  So one is for me (the tuna mac)and one is for DH (the mexican mac)- he has to pull a double then he will be in a bike ride the next day so he needs to carbo load.  
What made it easy to do at the same time well I had the chopping board right next to the sink and the two bowls so it was chop and drop- open cans rinse and drop and both shared some ingredients.
I also had 2 pots on the stove with the combined pasta in them cooking
whole wheat and reg of each kind.

And both salads were so filling we didn't even need to eat anything else so these could be main dish meals.

Ok onto the recipe for 
Simple Tuna Salad
This is a picture of the ingredients +* 3 items not pictured in first picture but listed 
1/4 cup mayo with olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
* 1/2 a small jar of pimentos. 
* The chopped greens of 3 spring onions 
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic grated through one of those long narrow hand held graters
(this 47 yr old mind can't remember the name of lol)
2 foil packs Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna in water- drained
I can cannellini beans (white kidney beans) drained and rinsed
I can no salt added sweet young peas drained (can use thawed frozen peas)
1/2 bag Dellalo Organic whole wheat pasta shells cooked to taste drained, rinsed
and cooled
1/2 bag semolina pasta shells cooked to taste drained rinsed and cooled

Mix all ingredients gently together


And voila
Shown with red Sirachi (sp) the asian hot sauce with the picture of the rooster on it.

And now for DH's Mexican Mac Salad
(which happens to be vegetarian)
ingredients are Salt, Pepper,& Dried Cilantro to taste
1/4 tsp  dried ground cumin
1 can rinsed drained black beans
EVOO
Lemon Juice
1/4 cup chopped tamed pickled jalapeno peppers
1/2 small jar pimentos
2 cloves grated see recipe above lol
1/2 bag Dellalo organic whole wheat Orzo pasta cooked drained rinsed and cooled
1/2 box regular Orzo cooked drained rinsed and cooled
1/2 cup chopped radishes
1/2 ear of raw yellow or white corn cut off of cob
The chopped greens of 3 spring onions



add a lil bit of Maggie and her plastic foot LOL






Mix all ingredients gently together with EVOO ( i just give it a gloss) maybe 1/8 cup at the most I pour a lil and mix until it glosses over
and a few splashes of lemon (dh doesn't like lime very much but it is good in here)
 and voila
 show served with Sirachi sauce 


Both are somewhat healthy because of the high protein whole wheat pasta (I have to combine with the regular pasta so dh will eat it)  There is a small amount of olive oil mayo used and small amount of EVOO  both have great beans for protein and veggies.

Hope u enjoy
xo RaNae


LINKING 2

Chicken Scratch NY

It's OVerflowing









I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!





20 comments:

  1. Yum! I love pasta salad! I'll have to try these, they look so good. Thanks for the recipes and have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean thanks for stopping by been busy spring cleaning and wrapping up a couple knitting projects. My MIL + FIL will be here Friday from out of state....LOTS of cleaning lol
      I'll pop by your blog next week to catch up after they are gone.
      RaNae

      Delete
  2. Wow looks yum!
    Btw I love ur blog! How abt we follow each other? Just let me know if u do sothat I can follow u right back
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good!!!!!!!!!! I have to try them. Thanks for sharing. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for stopping by been busy spring cleaning for out of state guest comming friday will be back in loop next week but popped in on your blog and love the pillows ttys RaNae

      Delete
  4. Yuuuum these photos made me hungary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenae hope u and all the fur babies are doing good been out of touch the last week cleaning for out of state company comming on Friday
      I'll pop in on your blog next week and catch up
      RaNae

      Delete
  5. Yum, RaNae, those sound delicious. I've been thinking of making pasta salads to eat this summer (never made any before) and these look perfect! Hope you had a great weekend with your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me again:) I meant to ask, will these keep in the fridge for a couple of days, or do you have to eat them the day they are prepared?

      Delete
    2. Hi Rose Mary the weekend is going great and u will like the salads and they both keep well in the frig for 4-5 days they don't last that long around here though lol
      Can't wait to catch up on your blog and btw I burned the pasta sauce on friday night ... no one said anything though lol thank God... wish i didn't though but eh no one is perfect.
      RaNae

      Delete
    3. It was probably delicious! I've been looking at all your recipes and they look so good. My daughter can't wait to try the oven fried eggplant parmesan! It tend to be a little lazy when we have company and do a lot of grilling and crock pot cooking, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I love any kind of pasta, and yours sure do sound delicious. I also like beans of any kind, especially northern white beans. This would be gone in a few days around here. So kind of you so give us your recipes. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy thanks for hosting so glad u had a great Blogaversary

      Delete
  7. These both sound good! A hearty pasta salad makes a great summer meal, and there's no need to heat up the kitchen at dinnertime! I think I'll try the Mexican salad this week, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Welcome Patricia I hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipes! Popped over from the blog party at From My Porch to Yours to say howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Jeanne popped by your blog and decided to follow u have a great week
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pasta salads are a big hit in my household, too, RaNae. And of the two you made, I would be the one eating the tuna and hubby would eat the Mexican. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope you'll join the fun this week, as well. Be sure to stop in Thursday for my latest giveaway announcement.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a side dish person so I love the idea of a large 1-dish multiflavor/ingredient dish. This looks like a good 'fridge cleaner' too! Thanks for linking up at what's cluckin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I didn't get to link up last week but I did visit some of your party goers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage