Thursday, May 10, 2012

Knitted Finished Projects

Linking To



The Twigg Studios Sunday Show Off



Sew Chatty Made With Love
Sew Chatty

5 Days 5 ways Feature Friday
five days five ways  feature friday free for all

Chicken Scratch Whats Cluckin 3
Chicken Scratch NY


Ladybird Ln

It's OVerflowing



I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!






A Marvelous Mess






Here are some of my latest finished knitted projects.  The pillow in front is a snuggle pillow I made for my husband because I originally made the large red one for him but he thought it was too big.  He loves the smaller one he has put a pillow case on it to use now in the spring and summer.


This is the first pillow I made for dh it is now in the LR  I stuff them with the stuffing from our old bed pillows... so there is a reuse factor to it.


This blue one is the first snuggle pilllow I made- for myself and I used it all winter long it is so warm and cozy to hug on at night.

The brown blanket I finished last year.

I am sure the dogs will learn to love the new knitted pillow

I need to make another one for the other side to balance things out.

This is the first blanket I made 4 years ago when I taught myself to knit  I now know I did some things wrong but I think it is pretty darn good for a first project.  I did it in lengthwise strips on 6in bamboo size 10 needles.

It resides in my ladies library Maggie uses it most lol

Working around the house today I found some more projects I finished up recently
This is a one sided blanket meaning it has a pretty side and a not so pretty side lol it is in 100% cotton and lives in a basket next to my dh's recliner he gets cold easy.

This is a closeup of the color and the boarder I did while knitting it
This is where it lives in the basket lol

And Maggie has claimed this colorful one as her own.  I made it for my neice but found out she likes red and blue and not girly anything LOL so I had it laying around and one day it ended up in Mags' bed and she won't give it up not even for a picture.  This yarn was originally $9.99 / little ball it is ribbon yarn and I got it on clearance at Hobby Lobby for .99c /ball and it really is that bright lol


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful knitting, Ranae! This is a skill I would love to learn someday. :-) It seems like there are fewer people today,who know the art of knitting. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharla I finally got my post up on the pet party. I am still a novice at knitting mostly just blankets and scarfs- mindless knitting really lol.

      Delete
  2. Now THIS is what makes me want to learn how to knit!! Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate you are sweet.
      I taught myself from a booklet I bought at wal mart but I have been crocheting since I was 5
      RaNae

      Delete
  3. You've been busy, girl!
    Great work; I especially like the brown blanket.
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by over at my 'cafe'.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, RaNae! The image with Maggie is so cute. It looks like she's guarding her blanket. I keep telling myself I'm going to learn to knit. But it hasn't happened yet! ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Liz and for following and for hosting the linky party each week. Maggie was guarding it that day too funny.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage