Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tasty Tuesday No Bake Meatless Potato Skins and Illuminating Blogger Award

  First I have to say I don't know if I will ever have a really structured posed recipe post on my blog because it usually goes down this way- cooking our main meal between 11 am and noon and I think oh shoot this would make a good blog post let me grab my camera and I go from there lol... anyways This recipe was inspired by the skinny potato skins I saw on skinnytaste.com   These are so terrific DH and I really loved them and I was so glad I documented it after tasting them  they are super quick and easy also.

POTATO SKINS STUFFED WITH BROCCOLI & BUTTER BEANS

U will need 
1 can butter beans drained and rinsed till there are no more bubbles around the beans
2 small or 1 large clove garlic grated  through a hand grater
5 small russet potatoes
2 cups fresh broccoli floweretts 
old bay seasoning
sirrachi sauce
low fat cheese of your choice I used cheddar
and horseradish cheddar
1/2 cup water
1tbsp olive oil or canola oil not evoo
 (evoo doesn't have a high burning point)
U will also need your oven or a toaster oven or
 countertop Pizza Maker which is what I used 
And u will need a microwave

Ok here we go
put your rinsed fresh broccoli in a bowl with a touch of water and cover with wet paper towels put in microwave on high for 2 minutes
Remove and set aside
Scrub your potatoes poke in several places with a knife place in microwave and cover with wet paper towels and cook on high- mine were in 15 minutes times will vary according to individual microwave- if u can easily poke/ slide knife into each potato they are done
remove set aside
place oil in nonstick frying pan add your beans heat through while mushing and smashing them I used a heat approved spatula
add your garlic after most have been smashed
Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning stir
cut the cooked broccoli floweretts into small pieces(I used kitchen scissors) and add to bean mixture along with the water stir till creamy heat through turn off
cut potatoes in half scoop out centers save for another day
turn on your pizza maker to preheat brush with a thin layer of oil
(ovens and toaster ovens well that is your call I would refer to the skinny potato skin recipe on skinnytaste.com for suggestion on oven times and temps)
stuff each potato skin with the broccoli and bean mixture
top with cheese place in pizza maker close lid I pulled mine out after about 3 minutes cheese was melted and skins were firm but soft.
garnish with sirrachi sauce and voila a great meatless main dish
I may put my skins in empty for a few minutes before stuffing them to see if they crisp up more but maybe not but we both agreed this is going into heavy rotation especially since we are planning on going mostly meatless after vacation






YUMMY


I was awarded the 

by Kim at Reposhture
 she is such a sweetie, a great loving mother, wife and Christian
and she is one heck of a WIZ when it comes to turning trash into treasure.
If u would like to know more about the 
illuminating blogger award please go here
One random thing about myself well this is the first award I have won since summer league Parks and Rec Softball when I was a Freshman in HS and that is a dang long time ago LOL
Love u Kim and 
Thanks Food Stories

This recipe was featured at

I'm a Genius



LINKING TO:


THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY




5 comments:

  1. Hi Ranae,
    Thanks for your interest in my photos or posts.
    I do not know much about the little bird in the post. I did not hit the shot myself. It seems he is really tired. poor little bird! That picture was only to show a person who loves birds like myself, and studies.

    By the way, since we're talking about animals ... Your alpaca is beautiful.

    I have the intention of posting something more about my city or nature very soon.

    I also wish you a nice week and good appetite. This dish looks delicious.

    Kind regards from Natal,
    Geraldo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Geraldo the alpaca actually belongs to my brother in law
    Kind regards from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broccoli and cheese and potatoes? I'll take 7!

    Thanks for linking up with us at What's Cluckin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! I featured your recipe at my Unveil Your Genius link party! http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/06/unveil-your-genius-link-party-17.html
    I hope you'll link up again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so Much Taylor that is so awesome that u are featuring my tater skins I will link up again soon but I have nothing to contribute this week.
    Have a great holiday
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage