Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pasta Sauce Recipe with Summer Vegetables


This is a great pasta sauce recipe choc full of Summer Vegetables.  It looks heavy but in reality is very light and fulfilling.  It is  a variation of my standard light sauce  recipe that I do a fantastic meatball with  but instead of the meatballs I added squash, zucchini, carrots, a few black olives, cici beans and mini sweet peppers.  This is fantastic over a hearty large noodle( like I served my husband but did not picture) however here I have it paired with an organic whole grain spaghetti- just 3/4 of a cup plus the sauce was a satisfying meal that kept me full and energized for hours.  And once the veggies are cut and ingredients are gathered the sauce is done within a half hour no simmering for hours.  The veg are tender but kept their integrity, brightness and I imagine a bunch of their vitamins because I didn't stew them to mush.  So here we go..

U will need
* 2 regular size cans stewed tomatoes in juice with basil garlic and onion
*Worcestershire Suce
*trinidad or cane sugar
* black olives
* cooked or canned cici beans see HERE
*tomato paste I use the tube kind
*hand full of mini carrots
* 5 mini sweet peppers
*3 cloves of garlic
*1 stalk of celery
*fresh parsley
*1 good size zucchini
*2small yellow squash
*olive oil
*grated parmesan cheese
*sea salt
*pasta of your choosing -I cook my pasta, drain return to warm pan that has no heat under it and let sit while I prepare the sauce

pre heat your pan then once hot add your oil- hot pan cold oil = no stick food U can see my Zucchini is cut the largest  so I started with that in the pan first constantly stirring after a couple minutes I added the carrots and the celery then the sliced peppers and a light sprinkle of salt continuously stirring like I was stir frying something.
at this point .....

I had cleared a hole in the center and squished in a couple good squirts of tomato paste and let that cook a bit while I mushed it around (learned that from Rachel Ray so it don't taste raw)(I didn't take a picture of that step sorry) then I added the garlic and stirred all the vegetables at this point u dump in your 2 cans of stewed tomatoes your sugar it is somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon lol and part of your parsley


bring to a bubble for 5 minutes and add your black olives

cover and remove pan from heat let sit while u are setting the table dishing up the pasta etc about 5-10 minutes
garnish each serving with a sprinkle of chopped parsley
and enjoy




xoxo RaNae

Linking to 
THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY



20 comments:

  1. That looks DELICIOUS I wish I could taste it(:
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buffi I'll have to check out your blog :-)
      RaNae

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for putting our blog on your side bar! Seeing that just made our day! And thanks for sharing all of these yummy recipes!
    - Christy & Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girls glad that mad u happy I just followed y'all on your blog and pinterest I just signed up for pinterest last night still making boards and gotta put my tags on my blog I would love it if y'all follow black that would be a blast u two are so cute.
      RaNae

      Delete
  3. Delicious!!!! Oh goodness that looks amazing! Great way to get the vegetables in your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Tanya it is amazing - we have upped our veg consumption considerably. Please stop by again

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from "Unveil Your Genius..." link up. This looks very yummy! I can't wait to give it a try. :-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Alana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by Alana I hope u have a great weekend
      RaNae

      Delete
  5. Looks super yummy! Thanx for sahring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious and sooo healthy. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks would love it if u would share how to make your fried green tomatoes they look lovely
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm big veggie girl, and this looks like a yummy way to add to our meals. Gosh I just notice my blog on your sidebar, and I have to tell you that is really an honor. I am quite touched and you made me feel oh so special! Being exciting! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH gee it has been there since I started your linky parties since I found your blog also it is a great way to see when u put up a new post
      This sauce recipe is good I was just thinking about it like 5 minutes ago thinking I needed to make it again cause my 2 recipes I made this week well didn't turn out so great lol... but in my defense I have been without internet for 24 hours and didn't have them to refer to lol.

      Delete
  9. This looks great! Thank you for linking up at Doodles & Stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously that looks delicious. And you take some of the best food pictures I've seen. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDediatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the nice words and compliments Kathryn it is yummy I have been craving it again.. About my pics I recently read some tips from an Austrailian Blogging conference that someone posted on a linky party and it really changed the way I take pics I am not sure I'll have anything to post on Monday my escapades in the kitchen this week - well lets just say I missplaced my mojo lol
      RaNae

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage