Monday, July 30, 2012

Recipe- Light Summer Rice Salad doubles as Taco- YUM YUM

This Terrific Light Summer Rice Salad Recipe doubles as a taco and is even more fabulous in that role than it's original character and I have my husband Doug to thank for that - since putting it into a Taco shell was his idea. The best thing is  this couldn't be easier to put together and the funny thing is I birthed it from a red beans and rice with tofu disaster- but eh you never know unless u try right lol.  What is that ole saying good things come to those who wait?? I say good things come to those who try!!!



So what u will need is 
* 2 cups cooked white rice cooled
(u may use brown I will next time)
* 3/4 of an orange pepper chopped
* 2 cooked ears of corn cooled and kernels removed
( I microwave my corn see HERE )
* A good handful of fresh cilantro leaves chopped
Tajin Classico seasoning see HERE

I get mine at Wal Mart in the Produce Department
Lime Juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
____________
For tacos 
*Taco Shells of your choosing 
(next time I will use stand alone shells)
*Sour Cream of your choosing
*Picante Sauce of your choosing
*Fresh cut up avocado
* Shredded Cheese of your choosing we use sharp cheddar
*******DIRECTIONS*******
MIX THE RICE, CORN, CHOPPED CILANTRO  AND ORANGE PEPPER
TOGETHER
SPRINKLE WITH TAJIN A COUPLE GOOD SPRINKLES
(it is the small red flecks in my salad pic)
ADD A COUPLE GOOD SQUIRTS BOUT A TBS OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
AND MIX
The mixture should look just "glossed" from the olive oil.
I chilled mine at this point for about 4 hours because I thought it was gonna be a side dish but it turned into tacos Thanks Honey *-) *-) wink wink
Right before you serve give a couple good squirts of lime juice and mix

At this point I Heated the taco shells on 375 for 4 minutes just enough to get the oil in them toasty then removed them and let them cool
once cooled fill with rice mixture top with cheese and the condiments of your choice and voila

This is just fantastic as tacos it is light and cool and fresh and the flavors compliment each other beautifully my hubby Doug was really loving them
after all he was the first person to teach me to cook 28 years ago something I will always treasure- Love u Honey your a sweetie- too bad I'm the only one...shhh lol


This recipe has been featured at





LINKING TO:

THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY



14 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for stopping by please come visit again.
      RaNae

      Delete
  2. Looking yummy! Wow your husband taught you well, and now he is reaping the rewards! Looks like a good recipe, for some reason I don't make tacos often even though I love them! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to Say G’Day Saturday! I just shared this post on my Facebook page and pinned it too!

    This week’s party has just started so I hope you can join in again!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! What a great idea, gotta try this! Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sugar I hope you visit again
      RaNae

      Delete
  6. This looks like the perfect summer dish! I pinned it. Thanks for linking up at What’s Cluckin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Pin aww thanks Alecia keep an eye out for what I did with the leftovers yum yum
      RaNae

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful recipes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage