Friday, July 6, 2012

Squash Recipe - Spaghetti Squash with CiCi Beans

Yummy Easy Spaghetti Squash recipe perfect for summer- served at room temp or chilled and seasoned with great italian profile spices.  Dressed with EVOO warmed caprese tomatoes and a touch of basil.   Cici beans compliment the sweetness of the Spaghetti Squash nicely, adding the valued protein and a dusting of parmesan finishes it perfectly.
The best thing especially this HOT summer is = no oven involved the Spaghetti Squash is cooked in the microwave.

You will need a spaghetti squash of your choosing
A glass baking dish that fits your microwave and accommodates the Spaghetti Squash if it was cut in half lengthwise and laid raw pulp side down
6 capresi tomatoes 
 (larger than cherry tomatoes smaller than romas)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh basil sprigs
Dried Basil
Dried Parsley
EVOO Pam Spray
Cooked or Canned Garbanzo/CiCi beans
(I had cooked some from dry the day before in the crock pot with garlic cloves)
Parmesan Cheese
Delallo Sundried Tomato and Basil Bread Dipping Spices
(all my products come from Krogers)

and the EVOO I use is Colavita

Ohhh yummy
ok here we go........

Wash and dry your Spaghetti Squash
Slice in half lengthwise as evenly as possible
Scoop out seeds
cut slits in the skin side of the squash in several places
place cut side down in your glass baking dish
add enough water to come up your squash an inch and a half.
Place in microwave and turn on high for 12 minutes

****cooking times vary depending on size of squash and power rating of microwave**

Mine took 36 minutes I kept checking it by sticking a fork or knife in it- if it enters easily poking it all over it is done- check water at each time change and add water if needed.
When done be careful will be very hot handle with Tongs and oven mitts/gloves
Flake out the squash into a bowl lightly add salt
(very lightly on the salt the delallo spices are salty)
 pepper, dried basil, dried parsley and amount of CiCi beans you want toss and then salt, pepper and dust again with dried basil and parsley
Add 1/2T of EVOO and toss
dust with some of the Sundried Tomato and Basil seasoning add another 1/2 T of EVOO and toss again set aside
Warm a frying pan spray with EVOO Pam cut your tomatoes in half place cut side down in pan to warm - turn off pan

Plate your Squash with CiCi beans 
add your warmed tomatoes 
and basil sprigs 
Dust with Parmesan
ENJOY


This Recipe was featured at




xoxo 
RaNae

LINING TO
THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY




18 comments:

  1. Looks delish! The presentation is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jeanne
    Have a great weekend
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good, RaNae. I've never eaten spaghetti squash and need to try it. I love that you cook your beans from dry in the crock pot--that is they way I cook mine. I put it out on the porch in the summer to save heating up the house. I'm thinking this recipe might go good with some of the tomatoes I've been drying in my food dehydrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there RoseMary so nice to hear from you hope the writing is going good. Spaghetti Squash is beautifully sweet I don't think it has the same sour note that the other summer squashes do dried tomatoes will be good with it i think I know I love regular tomatoes with it. We used to have a dehydrater but sold it when we moved to Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by Quirky Vistas and leaving me a comment Ranae! I'm so glad you stopped by! Looks like you are queen of the kitchen. What a lot of great recipes you have. I would love someone to cook once in a while. Are you available for take out? :)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liz I'll cook and u can make me something how bout that a real trade!! So glad to find your blog have a great night and thanks for stopping by again.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Chicken Scratch. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party tomorrow at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Kathryn for coming by and inviting me to your party I would love to come by... and btw it is very yummy lol.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  9. RaNae this looks delicious. i hope i don't short out your computer with all the drooling I am doing! I's a good thing you have that new computer bag to protect it! What I especially like about it is it not only looks delicious but it looks very appealing, like my kids might even like it! Hope you are having a cool summer!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlfriend I don't think anyone is having a cool summer this year lol but I am not complaining and it is better than our summer last year... our hot summers make our winters really nice. Hope I didn't miss what u did with the garage door but we were on vacay for a bit then our Maggie wasn't feeling well.
      Your smile brightens my day
      TTYS
      RaNae

      Delete
  10. This looks so yummy. I'm pinning this recipe and will definitely be trying it. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH My Gosh thank you so much U r the first person that has told me they were pinning something of mine and after further investigation I have realized several of my recipes have ben pinned I am so over the moon thanks so much for telling me and I hope u enjoy it when u make it.
      RaNae

      Delete
  11. Yummy! I love spaghetti squash and actually prefer it over pasta spaghetti. And basil is ALWAYS a hit at my house.

    Thanks for linking this yummy sounding dish at Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Liz thanks for stopping by I will be there tomorrow have a great week and thanks for all u do for the blogging community
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House! Oh, and also, you take fantastic food pics!! Hope to see you again next Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently read some tips from an Australian blogging conference about photography and since applying them they have really improved my photography and I have a real simple Nikon so I am very grateful for the tips.
    See you Monday
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! I love spaghetti squash but I never think of it as a summer food. Thanks for linking up at What's Cluckin last week! Hope to see you back soon

    -Alecia @ ChickenScratchNY.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does look rather delish...and I also love spaghetti squash! I also didn't think of it as summer food but will now! Your photos are really looking good! So glad you shared your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage