Friday, July 6, 2012

Thin Cracker Pizza Crust - Fun Food Friday

A Thin Cracker Crust Pizza - YUM YUM YUM is what I have to say about this recipe  I found on
skinnytaste.com 
Skinny Passover Matzo Pizza


       *1st I have to say Doug and I LOVE thin crust pizza and this sooo fits that bill but with me trying to loose weight Pizza isn't a real regular thing :-( (it was a real regular thing that is part of why I am as big as I am yikes)
       *2nd It is HOT here I know it's HOT almost everywhere this summer but it has been HOTTER here for LONGER lol I do live in Texas after all.  So I am looking /using recipes that won't heat up the kitchen for too long or for too much and this fits that bill- although u do heat the oven to 375 it only takes about 6 minutes for your cheese to melt for my oven that is a total of 11 minutes on YAY!!  I wish it was cold enough to eat this Weight Watchers Beef Stew now before we get too vegan lol well it is going to the lower 90's next week maybe then??
      *3rd Doug and I are moving our living experience towards being vegetarians- we don't know a lot about it don't know where we will end up on this path but at this point we don't plan on buying meat regularly- we still have a lot of meat in the freezer and plan on using that to fill our meat cravings once in a while.  Also at this point we are still eating cheese and eggs- I guess dairy covers that.
      *4 this is gonna be our standard summer time pizza from now on and the great thing is there is no fat in the matzo crackers u use for crust- we have already been talking about how we can do variations on the toppings - i.e mexican with mashed black beans, corn, cilantro, avocado, picante, onion etc.  I'd like to do an oriental version.  I put this under the Food Fun label because this was fun to make and fun to eat YUM YUM YUM
On the one below.....








I used organic jarred marinara sauce, baby portabella mushrooms, kalumata olives, red onion and soft mozzarella cheese.  basil went on after it came out of
the oven.





















Linking To

THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY




18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to this pizza; it looks delish! So happy that your puppy is feeling better! TGIF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome Michelle I got my eye on you u have quite a blog roll goin Looking forward to you posting more about your repurposing I love that stuff.. TGF girlfriend If I can help you at all let me know I found a great link on wither picket fence or french country cottage today in their link party from a gal in Austailia that passed along 10 easy grow your blog tips if u can't find it and want the link email me through my profile and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a super idea!! We love pizza in this house, too. My teenage son is into healthy eating/working out; I need to lose weight and my husband (who doesn't!!) loves cheesy dishes like pizza. Even if I fix a "meatsa with cheese" on regular crust for hubby, my son and I could share a veggie pizza made this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by Marcia I am glad u like this idea I loved it when I found it on skinnytaste.com and loved it even more after we made it my dh also liked it. I love how crunchy the crust is and look forward to making other variations like a mexican and an asian flavor one. I hope u stop by again and don't forget to check out my recipe page to take a peek at all my other recipes- u might find something else u like.
      RaNae oh ps alter tonight i am gonna stop by your blog and check it out.
      Happy Friday

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness these look FABULOUS! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thanks for taking the time to stop by Aimee I appreciate it and glad u think they look fabulous
    We are spose to get cooler weather up here in Fort Worth next week looking forward to that - funny when you call 93 cooler weather lol
    Have a great weekend looking forward to the party on Sunday
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my post about my new dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Miss Elizabeth I hope u have a great Sunday.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting Homespun. I came over to visit and saw this recipe. WRONG TIME to visit lol... Now you have me craving this wonderful pizza however I am doomed to leftovers from the weekend. It was about 105 here over the weekend so I just threw some pork chops and assorted veggies in the crockpot.

    So-so but I have to eat the rest today after work though now I want your pizza!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Debra so glad u think the pizza looks sooo good they are super yummy we are in the break section of the weather pattern right now we are gonna be in the mid to low 90s the rest of the week but we had been over a under for a couple weeks in a row yikes gee almost cool enough to bake lol

      Delete
  9. LOVE matzah pizza!!! We do it all the time during Passover!! Also was vegan for 5 years, it is easier and easier to switch to meat free because there are so many recipes, books and ideas out there! Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments I have been craving and obsessing on meat for 24 hours I need more matzah lol but I am enjoying this new veggie journey even though I am a bit overwhelmed. Stopped by your site had a couple ?'s bout the yogurt dots and I followed you also thanks for coming by and commenting please stop by anytime u like
      RaNae

      Delete
  10. This is a great idea! Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting and having me
    RaNae
    the pic of u an hubby is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome idea and looks fantastic!

    hope you can swing by for my giveaway:
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi thanks I came by and entered u have a lovely blog your soul shines right through it

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so flippin' good!!! Thank you for sharing. Keep it up on losing weight. I'm right there with you girl. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much Kathryn I appreciate the encouragement.
    RaNae
    See u this coming week
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage