Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hutch Change and Rooster ReDo

Hi everyone I have some Decor stuff to share
This is my China Hutch that resides in my dinning room.  We purchased it from Ikea 7 years ago when we moved into this house. I like the contrast of it's modernness against my more antique/cottage sensibilities. I am in the process of trying to create more storage in my house and more of a cottage look ...

and I always wanted to do this... line the back of the hutch with this toile fabric I have.  I also moved more of our glassware into the hutch by using tiered stands the kind u get for cans for the pantry.
I like the way it turned out.

So I have had this print of this rooster for about 7 years I picked it up at Wal Mart for $3.oo and stuck it in this old plastic frame from a broken mirror and popped it on the wall and there it sat for 7 years.  I didn't even take it out of the plastic ... but as of late I have had this creative urge I think it is all the blog hopping and pinning but I turned this 
into this I cut the rooster out and modge podged toile fabric onto the board the print was on then I modge podged the rooster onto that.  I also modged some lil sayings and calendars onto the fabric then I antiqued it with antiquing medium and yellow ochre artists pigment and added some bobbles, and animal print fringe and crystal fringe
all items I had on hand so it is a freebie.  It looks so cute in person.  






My Rooster ReDo was
 Featured @
And @
I was featured on My 1929 Charmer Blog!


Linking to a great link party for meeting other bloggers
and to great link parties through out the week to share and gain inspiration
and meet great gals
come join in

THURSDAY


FRIDAY

SUNDAY



26 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from the link up @ Rustic Living. I love your use of the toile in both of your projects. I your new follower.
    Terrie - HearthandWhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terrie thanks for stopping by and following me I am glad u like it I do too
      RaNae

      Delete
  2. Tres adorbs rooster re-do!

    Popped in from Wonderful Wednesday ~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are re-doing our kitchen hutch too!! How exciting!!

    Thanks for linking up today, so happy to have you!
    xo.britt
    themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Britt looking forward to you posting about it.
      RaNae

      Delete
  4. So glad to see all of your great use of toile. Who knew IKEA could look so French!

    Lynette@thistlebleu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your hutch redo! That toile is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love your roo! Thanx for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great redo of what you had. Love the toile fabric on the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy for stopping by I appreciate the kind words.
      RaNae

      Delete
  8. This is so beautiful--I love the toile in the cabinet, but also as the background for the rooster. I love all the little French details you included like the fleur d'lis, and the beaded trim is wonderful as well. Really a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Athena I am touched by your kind words so glad you noticed all the details. Please come back and visit soon.
      RaNae

      Delete
  9. That is so beautiful! I love all of it. You did a fabulous job. I love the rooster. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy so glad you stopped by that was a great table you shared last week.
      Looking forward to see more of your transformations.
      RaNae

      Delete
  10. Turned out beautiful! Great idea! I found you on Chic on a Shoestring Decorating and I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa I am a new follower of your also I also sent you an email from the contact on you google profile.
      RaNae

      Delete
  11. Came over from Feathered Nest. You have certainly been busy. How creative that rooster print is now. Love the toile you chose for the hutch!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna glad you like it. I have had a bolt of that toile for 7 years now to figure out what to do with the rest of it?? lol
      RaNae

      Delete
  12. Love the toile fabric on the back of the cabinet! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success! I love your roo and so want it. I'm so into Rooster at the moment, can't get enough. But I guess I won't have this precious one! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love toile and this is perfect with it! Thanks for linking this up at D & S :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage