Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Recipe Burst Tomatoes & Squash over Pasta





This recipe for Burst tomatoes and squash over pasta is so easy.   I just love the sweet taste and juiciness of tomatoes heated to just that bursting point so awesome - this is my second attempt at creating this dish the first time I used to much squash and put the tomatoes in at the same time turned into a big mushy mess.  This time I added the tomatoes at the point where the squash was almost done and  pulled everything right when they burst... and it all goes so quick in my  Pizza Maker Gotta Get It Gadget

What you will need 
Pasta of your choosing  Cooked
(I used barilla plus spaghetti) 
A couple good handfuls of small cherry type tomatoes of your choosing
A Couple squash of your choosing sliced evenly
(I used 1 summer yellow and 1 mexican grey)
Seasoning of your choice
(I used deLallo tomato and basil this has 4 compartments of different herb blends so cool got it at kroger)

1 TBS + of olive oil not evoo but regular olive oil
a hand full of fresh basil torn for garnish topping
Shaveable cheese of your choosing
and either a frying pan or a Gotta Get It Gadget Pizza Maker

I cooked my pasta and drained it and put it back in the pot to stay warm
I sliced and tossed my squash in the olive oil and seasoning and placed in my heated pizza maker that I brushed with a tad of olive oil  and closed the lid. 

I turned them when one side was browned with delicious flavor- goes so quick in the Gotta Get it Gadget 
and I add the tomoatoes and close the lid


u can hear the tomatoes bursting and I start pulling them into a bowl at that point by using a big pancake flipper

Place over pasta garnish with cheese and basil and enjoy





Below is a video by Phillip Phillipps 
love it thought I would share
Thanks for comming by



Wed I am linking to

come join the party and meet some great gals

Linking to

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SUNDAY








30 comments:

  1. seriously my mouth waters every time I come over here! ;-) And... I've been playing "home" over and over again on my phone... LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG!

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I have that affect on you. Yeah Home is great I am so loving it.

      Delete
  2. That pasta looks delicious! Thanks for linking up!!
    xo sandra
    redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow that pasta looks so delish!
    I found you through the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well glad you came by Baylee headed to check out your blog it is yum yum you should try it.
      RaNae

      Delete
  4. Look at those colors! Great pics for a great recipe! Thanks for linking up, following back, and sharing my MM Hop button! I appreciate that and can't wait to see more from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica thanks for all the compliments I tried to create an italian quesadilla today- tasted good but wasn't practical didn't work so I probably won't have more recipes to share till next week.
    Have a great weekend coming up
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so good!!!

    Happy Saturday! have a great weekend! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming by Nicole I am already a follower of yours :-) and have been for a while ;-) love your blog
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious and I'm laughing because my husband just played that Philip Phillips song for me yesterday. So glad we "met" on Twitter, and now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Carol ditto and following you back sweetie love the Philip Phillips song so good.
      RaNae

      Delete
  9. I almost bought one of this and this may be the deciding factor! I also nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please check out my blog for more details. http://lucalooandwhoopdiedo.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebester-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neisa thanks for the nomination that is so sweet of you can't wait to see what it's all about I will check it out tomorrow my brain is fried tonight
      Have a great week
      RaNae

      Delete
  10. RaNae, I am so wishing I'd seen this recipe when I still had cherry tomatoes in our garden! It looks utterly delicious! I am interested in this pizza maker pan that you used. I'm assuming you can use it to cook your own pizzas with homemade dough, is that correct? Where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jane below are some links to the pizza maker well to recipes I did with the pizza maker I have also made cornbread and biscuits in it. I bought it at Wal Mart and yes u can make your own pizzas using it I have done that but haven't perfected that yet the problem is getting the raw dough into the maker it is awesome for frozen pizzas and I use it for so many other things I have been looking for another one as a backup but our Walmart is sold out.

      http://ewecreekcottage.blogspot.com/2012/07/recipe-chocolate-brownie-cake-188c-45g.html
      http://ewecreekcottage.blogspot.com/2012/04/gotta-get-it-gadget.html
      http://ewecreekcottage.blogspot.com/2012/07/recipe-summer-vegetable-frittata.html

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment! I am now following you too! That pasta dish looks sooo yummy! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Miss Penny you are a sweetie!!
      Have a terrific week
      RaNae

      Delete
  12. Oh my! This looks sooo yummy! I've come across several recipes lately with yellow cherry (or pear) tomatoes and have added them to my list for next year's garden--and here's another! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in love with the small tomatoes just at that point of bursting they are so warm and juicy and full and sweet yum yum yum I have a hard time growing veggies here in Texas so just stick to buying them.
      RaNae

      Delete
  13. Beautiful and Yummy x **New Follower** :D
    Bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yay a new follower sorry this has been so long in coming I was down sick- following you back
      RaNae ps your pasta and corn recipe looked good
      R

      Delete
  14. Oh wow, this is making my stomach grumble! Very delicious looking and I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmmm that looks so good. I may have to show this to the husband and coerce him into making it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm eating pasta right now, and yours is looking and sounding a lot better than mine. It's so appealing and since I am also a big squash fan this I will be trying out. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy moly this looks tasty! Following for some more yummy ideas.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious! Loving how bright this dish looks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice read and insights! Snack seasonings make a world of a difference when it comes to recipes & I am excited to give this one my best shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage