Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Recipe Meatless Mexican Pizza Individual Size









This recipe was inspired by
at Shaken Together Blog
This is a super easy recipe for Individual Meatless Mexican Pizza 
they are easy to put together u don't have to top with what i chose u can choose your own combination of favorite mexican tastes maybe add some black olives and use pepper jack cheese instead,they are definitely tasty we will surely be eating these again - I found that the beans really gave me the protein boost and filled in for meat i.e. hamburger
The best thing is you can hold the whole pizza in 1 adult hand.
You will need 1 can 
open them up and flatten/roll out to your desired thickness and place back in frig to re chill while u prepare the rest
Pre heat oven to 400f
Some cooked black beans about 1+1/2 cup 
(i do mine from raw beans and keep in frig for weeks recipes I also mash em u can use canned)  1/2 teaspoon of each of the following
paprika, chilli powder
1/4 tsp ground oregano, ground cumin  and garlic powder  I heat the spices then reconstitute the beans by adding water combining the beans into spices
You can top your pizza with anything I chose
chopped scallions, light sour cream, 2% sharp cheddar, picante and my left over 
Mexican Rice Salad recipe HERE

I placed my rolled out low fat buttermilk biscuits on preheated pre oiled baking sheets
and cooked tem to brown of your choosing(I like mine darker than dh)
I fork marked them also and brushed the tops with olive oil
lower your oven to 350f
layer your toppings on and place back into oven to melt the cheese

top with light sour cream and slice scallions and enjoy





Linking to

FRIDAY

SUNDAY



12 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Your mexican twist looks awesome ... I'll be making some for our family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks I look forward to making yours but our grocery was out of fresh basil last time I went ;-(
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via Treasure Hunt Thursday. I saw "meatless" and had to check this out. I'm a vegetarian. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi glad u came by if you go to my pinterest and my yum yum board you will find links to many meatless/vegetarian meals if you click on my recipe tab at the top you can see the rest of my recipes many of them are meatless.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you stop by and cook for my family!?;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hey Jodi they are good you should give them a try.
      RaNae

      Delete
  7. I love individual size anything. They seem to be more fun to eat. This pizza looks like a winner and I am glad you shared it with us. I am still waiting for that feature......I hope. Let me know.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and commenting I hope you try them.
      RaNae

      Delete
  8. Once again... you're making me hungry :) This looks great. I'm going to try it next week. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by I appreciate the visit and love to hear your thoughts. I hope u have a great day.
RaNae from
Ewe Creek Cottage